Ga naar inhoud

BMW I4

Thebiemerke

Aanbevolen berichten

BMW i4 is already undergoing road tests

The test prototype of the BMW i4 (based on the BMW i Vision Dynamics concept and schedule for 2021) was recently seen for the first time.

The car is camouflaged but not that much to not be able to draw some thoughts before the official unveiling, which most likely will be at the Frankfurt Car Show in September.

According to what we know so far, the i4 will be built on universal CLAR modular architecture (for gasoline, diesel, plug-in hybrid and all-electric cars). It will be part of the 4 Series Gran Coupe lineup, which will translate to a more conventional design, as compared to the i3 and i8. The production of i4 is expected alongside the conventional 4 Series Gran Coupe as a way to save costs and increase flexibility in relation to demand of different versions.

Here is what we noticed:

• The front end will be different compared to the 4 Series Gran Coupe, as there is no need for a huge grill and it must fit the modern EV style.
  • Door handles seem to be different – it looks like you just slide your hand under to open the door.
  • Battery pack probably slightly raises the ride position compared to the 4 Series Gran Coupe.
  • Painted exhaust pipes – thankfully those will not come standard on the i4

BMW i4 expected (unofficial) specs:

• BMW i4 80 sDrive (for rear-wheel drive)
  • BMW i4 80 xDrive (for dual motor all-wheel drive)
  • 80 kWh (plus 60 kWh version)
  • 5th generation eDrive platform for BEVs will be offering ranges between 550-700 km (340-435 miles)

2DC868F5-1666-47D5-B6E1-C2A29ED583D2.jpeg

4D81A1A9-E256-499F-9269-AC599575B6C0.jpeg

16C0F009-02CB-46F0-88B1-EE9BFABDD2DB.jpeg

9C3AB811-3EC1-4C45-B536-E12AEA381655.jpeg

813B4CA8-D7E8-4C69-85E0-E029B60A355A.jpeg

7BFF667C-2F19-4465-BCC7-859FA47BDB9F.jpeg

https://insideevs.com/electric-bmw-i4-spied-photos/

• Vind ik leuk 2
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hmm, eindelijk een EV dat er niet uitziet alsof er elk ogenblik 10 clowns kunnen komen uitgekropen.

Ok ja, de model S is ook vrij neutraal maar veel te lomp voor mij, dan liever meteen die audi jeep.

• Grappig 3
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

5 uren geleden, Thebiemerke zei:

The front end will be different compared to the 4 Series Gran Coupe, as there is no need for a huge grill and it must fit the modern EV style.

Yes !  :party::party::party:

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

• 2 weken later...
5 uren geleden, Lotuzzz zei:

Daklijn lijkt me zo 'hoog' op die foto in profiel, maar dat kan bedriegen natuurlijk.

Had exact hetzelfde gedacht :) 

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

BMW i4 production could have started in 2019 or 2020

Audi e tron GT vs BMW i Vision Dynamics 11 830x553

In connection with the upcoming electric cars iX3 and i4, BMW has been often criticized that it has not taken advantage of its early start …

In connection with the upcoming electric cars iX3 and i4, BMW has been often criticized that it has not taken advantage of its early start in electro-mobility. The electric SUV is scheduled for 2020 while the i4 won’t arrive until 2021. According to BMW Works Council chief Manfred Schoch, however, the fact that the BMW i4 will “only” celebrate its market launch in 2021 on the basis of the new G20 3 Series generation is not primarily a technical matter, but rather a commitment to Germany as a location.

Audi e tron GT vs BMW i Vision Dynamics 10 830x467

For Focus, Schoch said that the production of the BMW i4 could already be started in 2019 or 2020, if a new factory would have been setup. However, the Works Council has fought to ensure that the trailblazing electric car of the BMW Group is also built in Germany, so that electro-mobility will become an integral part of Germany as an automobile location.

Starting in 2021, the Munich-based BMW i4 will be built on a production line with petrol engines, diesels and plug-in hybrids. The i4 shares major parts of its technology with the G20 3 Series and can therefore is often referenced, in some ways, as the electric version of the 3 Series. As the name and form reveal, the BMW marketing sees the i4 but rather as an electric version of the next 4 Series Gran Coupe.

With the i4, BMW is targeting the Tesla Model 3, which currently has been successfully competing in the premium electric mid-size segment.

Later this year, the new MINI E, which is likely to be called Cooper SE, brings fresh wind into the class of small electric cars. By the end of 2020, the BMW iX3 will be targeting the field of mid-range SUVs.

In addition, the 2021 BMW iNext will also feature a spacious, long-range electric car in the format of an X5. By 2025, the BMW Group plans to have at least 12 fully electric vehicles in its program in order to reach a wide range of target groups.

[Source: Bimmertoday]

Bron : https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/01/28/bmw-i4-production-could-have-started-in-2019-or-2020/

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

• 3 weken later...

BMW i4 expected (unofficial) specs:

• BMW i4 80 sDrive (for rear-wheel drive)
  • BMW i4 80 xDrive (for dual motor all-wheel drive)
  • 80 kWh (plus 60 kWh version)
  • 5th generation eDrive platform for BEVs will be offering ranges between 550-700 km (340-435 miles)

BMW-i4-spy-photo-1.jpg

BMW-i4-spy-photo-3.jpg

BMW-i4-spy-photo-4.jpgBMW-i4-spy-photo-5.jpg

BMW-i4-spy-photo-6.jpg

BMW-i4-spy-photo-7.jpg

BMW-i4-spy-photo-9.jpg

BMW-i4-spy-photo-10.jpg

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

• 5 maanden later...
  • 3 weken later...
  • 1 maand later...

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Plak in plaats daarvan als platte tekst

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

Algemene Voorwaarden Gebruiksvoorwaarden | Privacybeleid