Ga naar inhoud

Lamborghini Huracan Performante + Performante Spyder

Bouncing Bullet

Aanbevolen berichten

Citaat

The most fascinating aspect of the new Lamborghini Huracán Performante isn’t its increased power, new tires, reworked suspension, or improved ABS system. It isn’t its recalculated stability and traction control programs, upgraded transmission, or decreased weight, either.

Nope, the part of the Performante that’s going to excite you supercar lovers the most is ALA. That’s short for Aerodynamica Lamborghini Attiva, and the folks from Sant’Agata have just patented it because ALA is an entirely new way to do active aerodynamics.

That isn’t all that’s improved, though. Power is up! And that’s always a good thing. Especially when your garden variety Huracán is capable of producing “only” 602 horsepower and 413 lb-ft of torque from its 5.2-liter naturally aspirated V-10. For Performante duty, the engine gets new intake and exhaust camshafts, an air intake borrowed from the gentlemen racer Super Trofeo Huracáns, and a new exhaust system that relieves backpressure. The result is 25 to 40 more horsepower and an additional 30 lb-ft of torque. Assume that final numbers will be between 625 and 640 hp and 453 lb-ft of torque. They’re still working out the details. The seven-speed dual-clutch transmission has also been re-optimized for crisper, smarter shifts. The last time we tested a Huracán, it hit 60 mph in 2.8 seconds. Expect the Performante to be quicker.

Weight is down by about 90 pounds, thanks in part to that new exhaust system, which alone reduces fat by nearly 25 pounds. The rest of the weight loss is due to increased use of forged carbon fiber composite, or Forged Carbon (FC) as Lamborghini would like you to call it. The largest single piece of FC on the Performante is the rear wing, which is where the bulk of the ALA magic happens.

A side note: There was an internal fight at Lambo in regard to the car’s name, with none other than board member and R & D boss Maurizio Reggiani thinking Superleggera was the better moniker. However, because the primary focus of the car is performance and not lightweighting, Reggiani and several others were overruled.

The suspension has been massively reworked. The electric lime green Huracán with fixed dampers that I drove for an “Ignition” episode had brilliant handling. To be blunt, the other one—our long-term Huracán—with magnetic dampers, did not. That dark gray MR car pushed and understeered, and it felt a bit mushy (it also weighed 200-plus pounds more somehow). It simply wasn’t as sweet. It’s important to remember, though, the Huracán was Lamborghini’s first use of magnetorheological shocks; They didn’t do a great job. The Aventador Superveloce was their second effort, and based on that alone, my mind was at ease. The Performante represents something of a third draft, and the results are stellar.

What’s different? For one, the aforementioned shocks have been retuned to deal with the fast-acting active aero gear and as a result are much stiffer. The springs and anti-roll bars are retuned to provide 10 percent more vertical stiffness and 15 percent more roll stiffness. All the bushings are about 50 percent stiffer to cope with the stickier tires. The adjustable steering has been revamped, though most of the changes are in Corsa (track) mode. The Performante also gets newly developed special-application high-performance Pirelli P Zero Corsas. This caused the all-wheel-drive system to be reprogrammed and the ABS system to be reworked. Brake pedal feel is also improved. Finally, the ESC system was revamped. Because the Performante is more stable than the regular Huracán, ESC is less intrusive. Switch into Sport mode, and you’re essentially in Drift mode.

Then there’s ALA, for which you can thank Antonio Torluccio, Lamborghini’s head of aerodynamics and previously an engineer on both the V-10 and V-12 programs. Torluccio describes ALA as a smarter way to do active aero. Think about traditional active aero, such as on the Bugatti Veyron or Lamborghini’s own Centenario. Typically you have a large wing on some hydraulic struts. Based on conditions, the struts change the wing’s position. It works, but there are two drawbacks. One is speed, as most hydraulically adjustable wings need about a second to move fully from one position to another. The second is weight, as hydraulic fluid is heavy.

Enter ALA. Rather than moving a large part around, ALA uses fast-acting, electronically controlled motors to open and close flaps. The Performante has a little flap in the snout , which can open to decrease downforce and drag. That’s cool but not groundbreaking. The groundbreaking part of ALA can be found in the hollow FC wing. Each of the big uprights that support the wing is also hollow. Right under the engine cover sits a pair of small dual-mouthed intakes. One mouth on each feeds cool air onto the hot exhaust, and the other allows air to flow through an upright and into the wing. There’s an outlet on the underside of the wing where the air exits. Like the front flap, the dual flaps can open to reduce drag and close to increase downforce. Or they can open one at a time.

That’s right. Depending on which direction the Performante is turning, either flap can close in 0.2 second to create aero vectoring. Turn right, for instance, and the right flap closes while the left flap opens. With the right flap closed, downforce is exerted on the right rear wheel while the left wheel is looser and free to rotate in an arc. The opposite is true if you turn the car in the other direction. Lamborghini says ALA works between 43 and 193 mph. Any faster than that, and you don’t want to be turning the steering wheel. I asked if they looked into putting aero vectoring on the front axle. Torluccio told me they did, but there was no advantage.

How’s it all work? Quite brilliantly, if the 14 laps I did around Italy’s famed Imola circuit in a heavily camouflaged prototype are any indication. If you were to strap me to a lie detector and ask whether my experience was from ALA alone or if the improved power, tires, ABS, weight reduction, and suspension all played their parts, I couldn’t honestly say. Taken as a whole, however, the Performante is sublime, and a major step forward in performance. For instance, I was able to squeal a tire or two (and induce a big, dumb grin on my face) all the way around Imola’s awesome Acqua Minerale corner in the regular Huracán. In the Performante? No smiling. If anything, my face was showing nothing but fear as a result of the high velocities I was hitting. The Performante was much more accurate and precise, albeit a different sort of fun.

A few more examples: High-speed braking in the normal Huracán is, well, too exciting. We’ve long thought the ABS programming was a little funky. Combine that will the squishy shocks, and you get a car that wiggles around too much. That’s something you sure don’t want when you’re coming down from 170 mph, the indicated top speed you’ll see on Imola’s frightening front straight at the top of sixth gear. In the Performante? No drama whatsoever. On that narrowing front straight in the regular Huracán, I had visions of my own mortality. In the Performante, I had lucid dreams of catching the instructor—a Formula 3 winner, no less. Like all aero cars, going faster to improve handling is a counterintuitive proposition. I needed a few laps to calibrate my brain.

On my final two laps in the Performante, my friend climbed into the passenger seat of the instructor’s Huracán, which had been upgraded to the high-performance Pirellis because of the chase vehicle’s athleticism. The instructor himself was such a I asked my friend to report back to me how hard the guy was actually driving. After two laps where I really gave it my all, I was very happy to hear my buddy say, “Yeah, he was driving pretty hard.” There you have it. The Huracán Performante has such high levels of performance that mere mortals can feel as if they know what they’re doing on an old F1 track. How can you put a price on that? As I climbed out of the Performante, I said to Reggiani, “I don’t know why you let bad drivers like me drive such good cars.” He just smiled and shook his head.

One last thing: The Performante went very quickly around the Nürburgring Nordschleife. How fast? Well, Lamborghini’s own Aventador Superveloce set a time of 6 minutes, 59.73 seconds. The only production car to ever circumnavigate more quickly is the Porsche 918 Spyder, which laid down an ice-cold 6:57.00. The Huracán Performante? Lambo ain’t saying no matter how many times I ask (Reggiani just smiles at me), but I heard mutterings of “six-fifty-two-something-something.” That would shatter the Porsche’s record. We’ll find out for sure when Lamborghini pulls the wraps off the Performante in March at the Geneva International Motor Show.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/lamborghini/huracan/2017/2017-lamborghini-huracan-performante-first-drive-downforce/

2017-Lamborghini-Huracan-Performante-pro

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Op 20-1-2017 om 19:12 zei Timo:

@Jokke_vlo iets voor jou? :inlove:

Not enough money, los daarvan ben ik  geen fan om met zulke auto's rond te rijden. 

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Allez gast, met alle rijhulpmiddelen op over Spa of de Ring denderen, om dan te kunnen roepen dat dat spel ongelofelijk snel is maar dadde gij het waart die eigenlijk dat spel sneller maakt dan het in feite kan zijn! En om de stevigheid aan te tonen in de buurt van de Ring eventjes offroaden! En om te tonen hoe hard ge die kar wel waard zijt, hem laten in beslag nemen in het land van oorsprong, onder het mom van "ik geef het land dat zoiets fantastisch maakt, gewoon zijn kunstwerk terug, because I can"! Is dat niets voor u? :D

p.s.: Fictieve situaties en/of gebeurtenissen. Gelijkenissen met bestaande personen berusten geheel op toeval. 

• Vind ik leuk 3
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

• 1 maand later...

Racestoel, rolkooi? Geen specs van banden of ophanging en ze hebben 4 maanden gehad om te zien dat er geen spypics waren en dan rustig de video kunnen monteren? :D

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

1 uur geleden zei ir_fuel:

Die komt standaard met een volledige kooi?

38 minuten geleden zei Jerain:

Racestoel, rolkooi? Geen specs van banden of ophanging en ze hebben 4 maanden gehad om te zien dat er geen spypics waren en dan rustig de video kunnen monteren? :D

geen (in elk geval niet zichtbare) rolkooi

goed zittende kuipstoelen standaard (of gratis optie sportstoelen)

banden was een nieuwe ontwikkeling van Pirelli

De grootste innovatie die ze wel al laten zien is het 'ALA' systeem. Een ingenieus systeem van windgeleiding waarbij de luchtstroom in de voorspoiler en achterspoiler (bv. afhankelijk van topsnelheid of downforce bij bochten over of door de vleugel gaat) afhankelijk van rijgedrag gestuurd wordt. Voor de rest is het 'gewoon' finetuning van een aantal zaken (software, motor, uitlaatinstallatie, gewicht door gebruik van nog meer carbon, etc.).

Optisch al herkenbaar op de video's: met name achterkant (andere plek uitlaten - dikke pijpen irl), voorspoiler in look nieuwe Aventador, andere sideskirts)

Over het algemeen (optisch) minder hardcore dus bv. veel alcantara in het interieur ipv de carbon deurpanelen als in de Gallardo SL. Ik denk dat rolkooi, lege interieurs en dergelijke deels in speciale versies komen en deels in het Ad Personam programma gaan zitten. Ze 'inventariseren' nu wat de opmerkingen zijn van mensen die hem al gezien hebben / gaan zien om daarmee aanpassingen te doen.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Ik bedoel, ik zie in dat filmpje precies een race-rolkooi en enkel een bestuurdersstoel en dan nog een HANS racing model...

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Die komt standaard met een volledige kooi?

Ik zou het met een korrel zout nemen die claims... Geen productiemodel, geen info over banden, etc... Met die Aventador SV en die GT R Nismo was dat hetzelfde verhaal, pre-productie gigantische claims, nadien nooit meer herhaald. :blink:

Helaas pikt iedereen het gewoon kritiekloos op natuurlijk.

• Vind ik leuk 1
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Mannen zijn toch redelijk zeker van hun stuk (.. en nog geen commentaar van de concurrentie die de claim aanvecht)

In filmpje inderdaad rolkooi / stoel / blusinstallatie maar denk dat dit wat betreft gewicht redelijk overeenkomt met het productiemodel (met de carbon kuipen). Je zou natuurlijk mogelijk nog wat voordeel kunnen halen uit nog meer stijfheid met de kooi maar gezien de opbouw van de wagen lijkt me dat sterk.

Ach .. ondanks dat het een prachtig monster is (in de juiste kleur) heb ik de EM nog niet gewonnen en zelfs als pas ik er zonder helm net wel net niet in (dus met helemaal niet), dus ik maak me maar niet druk over een paar seconden.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Echt knap gereden, lijkt wel alsof die auto niets weegt en over de baan zweeft. Kent er iemand betere ring filmpjes die het beter doen (niet qua tijd maar bochten/schakelen/...)?

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Post van ene op facebook die aan de ring woont en werkt. Ben eens benieuwd naar zijn video hierover [emoji4].

ff55748fb681674fb3eef2ee33b0b418.png

279f807471a7c9e9ba00a13d4dc15106.png

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Post van ene op facebook die aan de ring woont en werkt. Ben eens benieuwd naar zijn video hierover [emoji4].
ff55748fb681674fb3eef2ee33b0b418.png
279f807471a7c9e9ba00a13d4dc15106.png

Ook benieuwd naar!
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

3 hours ago, kefkie said:

Post van ene op facebook die aan de ring woont en werkt. Ben eens benieuwd naar zijn video hierover emoji4.png.

Ook weer zo een vaag verhaal. Eerst werken bij Ring Garage. Dan is hij daar ineens buiten (met boel ofzo), en next thing you know is hij met iets anders begonnen en zijn ze daar R8'en en McLarens aan het kopen als Ring rentals :wacko:

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Ja die gaat nu beginnen bij Apex, maar ik snap niet hoe zoiets succes kan hebben. 458 speciale, 570LT, M2, R8 V10,.... Zijn er echt zoveel die zo zot zijn om wss +20k neer te leggen voor een paar rondjes op de ring met zoiets?

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

9 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Ook weer zo een vaag verhaal. Eerst werken bij Ring Garage. Dan is hij daar ineens buiten (met boel ofzo), en next thing you know is hij met iets anders begonnen en zijn ze daar R8'en en McLarens aan het kopen als Ring rentals :wacko:

Kan je allemaal zien op zijn youtube kanaal, waarom hij bij Ring Garage vertrokken is.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

1 hour ago, CharlesV said:

Kan je allemaal zien op zijn youtube kanaal, waarom hij bij Ring Garage vertrokken is.

Nee dat kan je niet.

Dat zijn zo een hoop vage verhalen weer :) 

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Gast
Dit topic is nu gesloten voor nieuwe reacties.
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

Algemene Voorwaarden Gebruiksvoorwaarden | Privacybeleid